Survey on Agile Software Engineering Methods - Please Help

  • sx2001965
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2007
      Please help,

      I appreciate that this is not the sort of message that you would
      normally entertain, but I have approached several software
      development forums for assistance, however and dissapointingly the
      subject matter is not attracting a volume of response that I was
      hoping to get.

      I am undertaking a survey of 'agile' software engineering methods to
      support a dissertation paper whihc explores the disadvantages of
      applying 'rigid' project management over 'agile' software engineering
      methods.

      The survey takes no more than 10 minutes and I would really
      appreciate feeback. The survey can be found at the following link:

      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=860803059428

      Many thanks in aniticipation

      Paul White
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2007
        Hello, sx2001965. On Saturday, January 13, 2007, at 7:16:57 PM,
        you wrote:

        > I appreciate that this is not the sort of message that you would
        > normally entertain, but I have approached several software
        > development forums for assistance, however and dissapointingly the
        > subject matter is not attracting a volume of response that I was
        > hoping to get.

        > I am undertaking a survey of 'agile' software engineering methods to
        > support a dissertation paper whihc explores the disadvantages of
        > applying 'rigid' project management over 'agile' software engineering
        > methods.

        > The survey takes no more than 10 minutes and I would really
        > appreciate feeback. The survey can be found at the following link:

        > http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=860803059428

        > Many thanks in aniticipation

        I completed your survey, Paul. It seems to me to be founded in an
        assumption that I consider to be suspect, namely that there is a
        need for the "robust" and "formal" aspects of project management.
        Many of the questions seem to come from that assumption.

        I believe that Agile projects can be just as well managed as
        non-Agile, but that they do not do it using the same techniques. I
        would be concerned that merging "formal" methods with agile is
        likely to lead to a mismatch of forces.

        Regards,

        You have to either laugh or cry. -- Bill Rogers