Re: [XP] Development Journal Tools?

  • Cory Foy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
      c_snufkin wrote:
      > I could just type everything in Notepad, even inventing some xml or
      > extending the suggested one for refactorings, but I'd like a
      > supporting tool.

      I normally just keep notepad (or gEdit or vim) open and type what I'm
      doing while I go. When I code, I do it in the editor (VS or Eclipse or
      vim) and then paste it in wrapped in <code> elements. Most of my
      snippets are short enough to not warrant syntax highlighting outside of
      that.

      Visual Studio has a plug in which will allow you to "paste as HTML"
      though I've found the HTML to be somewhat bloated in the past. Windows
      Live Writer might support RTF pasting, so that might be another option.

      --
      Cory Foy
      http://www.cornetdesign.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
        Hi, Yonatan

        To highlight my code before pasting it to my blog I use this feature made by
        *Igor Russkih*:

        http://colorer.sourceforge.net/php/

        Cheers,

        Oleg Puzanov

        On 1/3/07, Cory Foy <usergroup@...> wrote:

        > c_snufkin wrote:
        > > I could just type everything in Notepad, even inventing some xml or
        > > extending the suggested one for refactorings, but I'd like a
        > > supporting tool.
        >
        > I normally just keep notepad (or gEdit or vim) open and type what I'm
        > doing while I go. When I code, I do it in the editor (VS or Eclipse or
        > vim) and then paste it in wrapped in <code> elements. Most of my
        > snippets are short enough to not warrant syntax highlighting outside of
        > that.
        >
        > Visual Studio has a plug in which will allow you to "paste as HTML"
        > though I've found the HTML to be somewhat bloated in the past. Windows
        > Live Writer might support RTF pasting, so that might be another option.
        >
        > --
        > Cory Foy
        > http://www.cornetdesign.com

      • Charlie Poole
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
          I haven't tried it yet, but the latest Linux Pro mag had an article
          on TiddlyWiki* (www.tiddlywiki.com). It's a single-page (!) Wiki
          consisting entirely of html, css and javascript. You download an
          empty copy and start adding changing it. Since it apparently saves
          a new copy of itself, it can only run locally. This may well be
          the STTCPW in the WIki world! Whether there are plugins for code
          highlighting, I don't know yet.

          Charlie