Re: [XP] Profits of pair programming

  • Willem Bogaerts
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 31, 2006
      >> In charging by the hour, there is no incentive on the supplier to be
      >> efficient or maintain quality
      >
      > Well, I can think of some.

      True, but I can think of some against as well. I even encountered it
      with a former employer, where we had to phone the client if we could not
      solve his problem instead of leaving it to a colleague who could, just
      to have spent some time on his problem so we could bill him.

      If the client pays for hours, than that is what the client gets. Useful
      hours or not. Which may be one of the reasons why the clients want a
      fixed budget rather than an hour rate. When only one side "drives" the
      budget, there's only more reason for conflicts.

      Best regards and a good new year,
      Willem Bogaerts