RE: [MODERATION QUESTION] Re: [XP] ANN: TP 2.0 Release (Agile Project Management Software)

  • Charlie Poole
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 1 6:09 PM
      Hi George,

      > > Question: Should this have been permitted, on the basis of being an
      > > avowedly agile-focused product, or not?
      >
      > I don't mind product announcements, but this one is, in my
      > opinion, rather long on marketing-speak. I've got no idea
      > what "maps entities life-cycle to your business processes"
      > means. Between the fact that it lists features that aren't
      > described, and the weird formatting (in text mode, anyway), I
      > wouldn't be inclined to give it a second thought.
      >
      > I think a short, personal description of the itch the product
      > intends to scratch would be more appropriate to the list than
      > this sort of brochure-ware.

      I'm not a moderator, but if I were, I wouldn't want to exercise
      that level of decision-making in deciding what to let through.

      The list itself usually decides such things by failing to respond
      to items that are not of interest. :-)

      Charlie
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 1 6:34 PM
        Hello, Charlie. On Friday, December 1, 2006, at 9:09:35 PM, you
        wrote:

        > I'm not a moderator, but if I were, I wouldn't want to exercise
        > that level of decision-making in deciding what to let through.

        > The list itself usually decides such things by failing to respond
        > to items that are not of interest. :-)

        You don't see some of the stuff that we're offered. Do you need any
        nice girls from Russia this week?

        Why pay now when we can pay later?
      • George Dinwiddie
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 2 8:45 AM
          Charlie Poole wrote:
          >> I think a short, personal description of the itch the product
          >> intends to scratch would be more appropriate to the list than
          >> this sort of brochure-ware.
          >
          > I'm not a moderator, but if I were, I wouldn't want to exercise
          > that level of decision-making in deciding what to let through.
          >
          > The list itself usually decides such things by failing to respond
          > to items that are not of interest. :-)

          True. The link to agility is probably strong enough to allow the
          message. The tone of the message made me unaware of it until Ron raised
          the question. I'd skipped past it without noticing. :-)

          * George Dinwiddie * gdinwiddie@...