Re: [MODERATION QUESTION] Re: [XP] ANN: TP 2.0 Release (Agile Project Management Software)

  • George Dinwiddie
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 1, 2006
      Ron Jeffries wrote:
      > Hello, members. On Thursday, November 30, 2006, at 5:20:31 AM,
      > Michael wrote:
      >
      >> TargetProcess Company is pleased to announce the release of
      >> TargetProcess v.2 <http://www.targetprocess.com> , the next generation
      >> project management software
      >> product for agile projects.
      >
      > Question: Should this have been permitted, on the basis of being an
      > avowedly agile-focused product, or not?

      I don't mind product announcements, but this one is, in my opinion,
      rather long on marketing-speak. I've got no idea what "maps entities
      life-cycle to your business processes" means. Between the fact that it
      lists features that aren't described, and the weird formatting (in text
      mode, anyway), I wouldn't be inclined to give it a second thought.

      I think a short, personal description of the itch the product intends to
      scratch would be more appropriate to the list than this sort of
      brochure-ware.

      - George

      * George Dinwiddie * gdinwiddie@...
    • Charlie Poole
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi George,

        > > Question: Should this have been permitted, on the basis of being an
        > > avowedly agile-focused product, or not?
        >
        > I don't mind product announcements, but this one is, in my
        > opinion, rather long on marketing-speak. I've got no idea
        > what "maps entities life-cycle to your business processes"
        > means. Between the fact that it lists features that aren't
        > described, and the weird formatting (in text mode, anyway), I
        > wouldn't be inclined to give it a second thought.
        >
        > I think a short, personal description of the itch the product
        > intends to scratch would be more appropriate to the list than
        > this sort of brochure-ware.

        I'm not a moderator, but if I were, I wouldn't want to exercise
        that level of decision-making in deciding what to let through.

        The list itself usually decides such things by failing to respond
        to items that are not of interest. :-)

        Charlie
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 1, 2006
          Hello, Charlie. On Friday, December 1, 2006, at 9:09:35 PM, you
          wrote:

          > I'm not a moderator, but if I were, I wouldn't want to exercise
          > that level of decision-making in deciding what to let through.

          > The list itself usually decides such things by failing to respond
          > to items that are not of interest. :-)

          You don't see some of the stuff that we're offered. Do you need any
          nice girls from Russia this week?

          Why pay now when we can pay later?
        • George Dinwiddie
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 2, 2006
            Charlie Poole wrote:
            >> I think a short, personal description of the itch the product
            >> intends to scratch would be more appropriate to the list than
            >> this sort of brochure-ware.
            >
            > I'm not a moderator, but if I were, I wouldn't want to exercise
            > that level of decision-making in deciding what to let through.
            >
            > The list itself usually decides such things by failing to respond
            > to items that are not of interest. :-)

            True. The link to agility is probably strong enough to allow the
            message. The tone of the message made me unaware of it until Ron raised
            the question. I'd skipped past it without noticing. :-)

            * George Dinwiddie * gdinwiddie@...