Re: [XP] ANN: TP 2.0 Release (Agile Project Management Sof

    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hello, Michael. On Friday, December 1, 2006, at 7:23:27 AM, you
      wrote:

      > I see quite large gap between what we want to put into TargetProcess
      > and your comments. Maybe it is our fault.

      Or it could be mine. I believe that tools are more commonly an
      impediment to the interactions between individuals that, to me, are
      core to doing Agile (and especially what I think XP is).

      But as I tried to indicate before, your tool looks nice, and
      comprehensive. It appears to be well done, at least as far as one
      can tell from the screen shots.

      And I've not used it, so I couldn't possible know as much as you do.

      I do know this: Chet Hendrickson and I have been coaching Agile
      projects for nigh on to a decade now, and we program most every day
      when we're not on a gig. If we knew of a software product for
      guiding Agile projects, we would have built it by now. Chet puts it
      this way: We don't build a product because we can't think of a
      product we would actually recommend.

      I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way. -- Jessica Rabbit
    • George Dinwiddie
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 1, 2006
        Ron Jeffries wrote:
        > Hello, members. On Thursday, November 30, 2006, at 5:20:31 AM,
        > Michael wrote:
        >
        >> TargetProcess Company is pleased to announce the release of
        >> TargetProcess v.2 <http://www.targetprocess.com> , the next generation
        >> project management software
        >> product for agile projects.
        >
        > Question: Should this have been permitted, on the basis of being an
        > avowedly agile-focused product, or not?

        I don't mind product announcements, but this one is, in my opinion,
        rather long on marketing-speak. I've got no idea what "maps entities
        life-cycle to your business processes" means. Between the fact that it
        lists features that aren't described, and the weird formatting (in text
        mode, anyway), I wouldn't be inclined to give it a second thought.

        I think a short, personal description of the itch the product intends to
        scratch would be more appropriate to the list than this sort of
        brochure-ware.

        - George

        * George Dinwiddie * gdinwiddie@...
      • Charlie Poole
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 1, 2006
          Hi George,

          > > Question: Should this have been permitted, on the basis of being an
          > > avowedly agile-focused product, or not?
          >
          > I don't mind product announcements, but this one is, in my
          > opinion, rather long on marketing-speak. I've got no idea
          > what "maps entities life-cycle to your business processes"
          > means. Between the fact that it lists features that aren't
          > described, and the weird formatting (in text mode, anyway), I
          > wouldn't be inclined to give it a second thought.
          >
          > I think a short, personal description of the itch the product
          > intends to scratch would be more appropriate to the list than
          > this sort of brochure-ware.

          I'm not a moderator, but if I were, I wouldn't want to exercise
          that level of decision-making in deciding what to let through.

          The list itself usually decides such things by failing to respond
          to items that are not of interest. :-)

          Charlie
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 1, 2006
            Hello, Charlie. On Friday, December 1, 2006, at 9:09:35 PM, you
            wrote:

            > I'm not a moderator, but if I were, I wouldn't want to exercise
            > that level of decision-making in deciding what to let through.

            > The list itself usually decides such things by failing to respond
            > to items that are not of interest. :-)

            You don't see some of the stuff that we're offered. Do you need any
            nice girls from Russia this week?

            Why pay now when we can pay later?
          • George Dinwiddie
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 2, 2006
              Charlie Poole wrote:
              >> I think a short, personal description of the itch the product
              >> intends to scratch would be more appropriate to the list than
              >> this sort of brochure-ware.
              >
              > I'm not a moderator, but if I were, I wouldn't want to exercise
              > that level of decision-making in deciding what to let through.
              >
              > The list itself usually decides such things by failing to respond
              > to items that are not of interest. :-)

              True. The link to agility is probably strong enough to allow the
              message. The tone of the message made me unaware of it until Ron raised
              the question. I'd skipped past it without noticing. :-)

              * George Dinwiddie * gdinwiddie@...