Re: [XP] Value of BDD Frameworks over nUnit?

  • Adrian Howard
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2006
      On 27 Nov 2006, at 20:25, Shane Mingins wrote:
      [snip]
      > I guess my question would be, if I
      > understand that the "focus on behaviour is the real value in TDD",
      > does rSpec and jBehave add any additional value to using the nUnit
      > frameworks?
      [snip]

      As I understand it they try and provide more intentional revealing
      testing code. The idea being that writing more intentional revealing
      tests makes it easier to write more intentional revealing code.

      I do think some kinds of test read better in rSpec. For example
      having the lexically scoped context rather than class based fixtures
      makes some kind of test read very nicely indeed.

      I've not noticed my code improving any though. Of course that might
      be because I've already gone through the TDD/OO learning cycle and
      doing the "right" thing no longer needs as much explicit thought as
      it once did.

      I've not taught newbies using rSpec or similar so I can't really
      comment on whether people new to TDD find going via something like
      rSpec easier.

      Cheers,

      Adrian