Re: [XP] How often does your team rotate

  • William Wake
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2006
      On 11/2/06, J. B. Rainsberger <jbrains762@...> wrote:
      > The team I've been working with switches pairs at the end of a story.
      > The problem is that some stories are short, such as fixing a defect, and
      > others are long: 2 points is 2 pair-weeks for them.

      The other problem we had was that when pair A finished a story, pair B
      was still in the middle of theirs. That basically said it was never
      convenient to switch on story boundaries. (Same thing for task
      boundaries.) Plus this tended to drive some specialization I didn't
      like.

      We've tried various things; now it tends to be "switch daily, or maybe
      after lunch too." There's occasionally a bit more, as people go in and
      out or need help, but that's the usual rhythm we hit.

      --
      Bill Wake William.Wake@... www.xp123.com