Re: [XP] Why pay now when we can pay later?

  • Carfield Yim
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 2, 2006
      > > So what my immediate feedback of the question is, if you don't put
      > > these task is an important priority and do this first, then you will
      > > never have time to do that, once you finish the current task and like
      > > to move on to write unit test, the other task will come and the code
      > > missing unit test accumulate and you will not bother to touch that
      > > eventaully.
      >
      > I think it depends on the task. Would you agree?

      It will be hard to disagree. For me it sound something like what this
      article mentioned -
      http://www.jamesshore.com/Blog/CardMeeting/Voluntary-Technical-Debt.html
      . And I think many of developer try to work on this approach, but most
      of them fail to management the debt before they quit. Just like most
      people pay more debt than he like to pay for credit card expense. Of
      course, may be someone earn of lot from getting more debt and have
      clever investment, but I don't think I can. Thus I personally like to
      be more conservative have having debt, In finance and also
      development. And I like to work with conservative people also.

      In fact, I have email Victor privately and know that I miss something
      at the original question.