Re: [XP] Re: Improving "Service Access" for better Agile programming

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hello, Sammy. On Thursday, November 2, 2006, at 10:01:03 AM, you
      wrote:

      > The way I see it, most of XP/Agile can be applied to any language.
      > There is nothing about an XML based language that says we cannot value
      > (to quote the Manifesto):

      > Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
      > Working software over comprehensive documentation
      > Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
      > Responding to change over following a plan

      > In fact, scanning the what is XP page on your site
      > (http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/whatisxp.htm), I am not seeing a
      > core practice that cannot be done. It is just up to us to do them.

      No doubt all of XP can be done in most any situation. I was -- and
      am -- asking Raju to relate his posting to our topic here, which to
      my way of thinking he was not doing.

      Testing quality into a program is like spinning straw into gold.
      -- George Cameron.
    • Sammy Larbi
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 3, 2006
        Hi Ron,

        Ron Jeffries wrote, On 11/2/2006 8:43 PM:
        > Hello, Sammy. On Thursday, November 2, 2006, at 10:01:03 AM, you
        > wrote:
        >

        >> Therefore, it is not as hard to read as
        >> one might think when the term XML is used. Further, even if you do
        >> encounter that monster method, it is no harder to read (or perhaps, not
        >> significantly so) than the same monster method in another language.
        >>

        > I produce my entire web site in XML. Much of my content consists of
        > programs in various programming languages. I perceive a very
        > significant difference in readability between the two.

        For me, the difference is not so striking, I guess. Though it is
        noticeable, given that I can develop a web application several times
        faster using it than most alternatives, I'll gladly accept what is for
        me, the minor inconvenience.

        -Sam