Re: [XP] Re: Improving "Service Access" for better Agile programming

  • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      XP is about software development. Specifically,
      it's about software development processes and
      practices that conform to a set of five values
      and several principles that are derived from them.

      The exact practices will vary depending on the
      team, the situation, the languages and available
      tools and so forth. It really has very little to do
      with specific languages, system platforms and
      similar issues.

      The closer your process gets to really honoring
      the values of feedback, communication, simplicity,
      respect and so forth, the more you're going to
      find the spirit of XP.

      This is not easy. The practices get you started,
      but the essence of XP is not the practices in
      the White Book (either edition). It's the spirit
      of continuous improvement guided by the five values.

      John Roth