[ANN:] eXtreme Programming San Diego Meeting - Thursday Nov. 2nd

  • Clarke, June
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2006
      This month at eXtreme Programming San Diego (XPSD), we will be hosting a
      discussion with a panel of local Agile experts. The panel members come to XP
      from a variety of backgrounds and experiences and will offer different
      perspectives on frequently asked, as well as controversial questions.

      The meeting will be held at SAIC on Campus Point Dr. (
      http://xpsd.org/SAICDirections ) from 6-7:30 PM on Thursday, November 2nd.
      Please RSVP to joonspoon@... if you wish to attend. If you are not
      a U.S. citizen, bring your passport with you to the meeting.

      The purpose of the panel discussion is to allow the audience to learn about
      XP, see that it is a dynamic, adaptable process and ask the experts to
      clarify any nagging questions they might have. June Clarke will moderate the
      discussion which will range from the positive to negative aspects of eXtreme
      Programming. Strategies for avoiding common pitfalls will be discussed and
      frequent criticisms of XP will be aired. After that, we will open the
      discussion to the floor so be sure to bring your questions so that you may
      draw on the knowledge of our expert panel introduced below:-

      Dave Churchville has 15 years of experience in software development and
      management ranging from Fortune 500 companies to tiny startups. He has
      worked with agile methods for the last 6 years, and is currently the founder
      of ExtremePlanner Software, which develops tools for Agile software
      development teams.

      David Drake is currently a Program Manager in the C2 Enterprise Services
      Division working in the area of Network Infrastructures and Modeling and
      Simulation development at SAIC. His current duties involve the management of
      the Architecture and Security Teams for the $130M COMPASS project, which is
      using a variant of Extreme Programming in its development.

      Erik G. H. Meade has programmed in Java since 1996. He started coaching XP
      in 2000 for Object Mentor, including Sabre's and Morgan Stanley Dean
      Witter's multiple XP team transitions. The founder of the award winning
      website JUnit.org, he has coached at several XP Immersions and presents to
      professional groups and conferences.

      http://xpsd.org