ANN: Fearless Change: Agile-Carolinas Nov 9th

  • Joseph Little
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2006
      Hi all,

      At the next meeting of Agile-Carolinas, on
      Thursday Nov 9th, we will discuss "Fearless
      Change" with Mary Lynn Manns. This is the title
      of her recent book, co-authored with Linda
      Rising. It is about change in any organization. Including adopting Agile.

      Two quotes used by the book:
      ...there is nothing more difficult to carry out,
      nor more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous
      to handle, than to initiate a new order of
      things. For the reformer has enemies in all those
      who profit by the old order, and only lukewarm
      defenders in all those who would profit by the
      new order, this lukewarmness arising partly from
      fear of their adversaries...and partly from the
      incredulity of mankind, who do not truly believe
      in anything new until they have had actual experience of it.
      ­Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

      You miss one hundred percent of the shots you never take.
      ­Wayne Gretzky, Hall of Fame hockey player

      See:
      http://www.amazon.com/Fearless-Change-Patterns-Introducing-Ideas/dp/0201741571/

      Mary Lynn is also at the helm of Agile2007 (in
      Washington DC next August). No doubt that will be discussed also.

      See http://agile-carolinas.pbwiki.com for
      details. We have a great group so far (after 3
      meetings), and I think you will find the conversations stimulating.

      The meeting will start at 6:30pm with free pizza
      and networking. At 7pm Mary Lynn will start us
      talking with us and we will go until 8:30pm or
      so. Location: at the Lash Group in South Charlotte (details at the web site).

      Please RSVP to jhlittle@... if you will be attending.

      Please invite others who may be interested.

      Thanks, Joe

      PS. If you would like to be removed from this
      email list, please just tell me. My apologies for any annoyance.

      PSS. For those of you unfamiliar with Agile, here
      is a write-up about what Yahoo does:
      http://agile-carolinas.pbwiki.com/f/scrum_primer_1_0.pdf

      Joseph Little
      917-887-1669 (cell)