Re: "Any skilled team can" was: Agile blog follow-up ... (oh, and metrics)

  • Keith Ray
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2006

      > I'm rather tired of people saying that "any skilled team can be
      > successful no matter what their process".
      >
      > Generally, "successful" teams who are using a bad process are in fact
      > NOT using that process so much as succefully working around that bad
      > process. That doesn't count as a successful use of a process in my
      > opinion.

      I ranted some more on this subject on my blog. Or tried to rant; my
      wife says it's too polite to be a rant.

      A commonly heard Myth: "A project with good developers will succeed
      no matter what their process."
      Another myth is: "A project with bad developers will fail no matter how
      good their process is." (or "A good process won't make good developers
      out of bad ones.")

      --

      C. Keith Ray