Re: [XP] UK agile case studies to show managers

  • Dan Bunea
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2006
      Hi Steven,

      I truly believe the same thing. People here seem to be afraid somehow that I
      invented these practices or that if they apply them they'll be pioneering a
      new and unknown field. They liked the presentation and I tried to explain
      that most companies one way or another are already practicing partly or in
      some departments, but probably if they see names, they'll become more
      confortable.

      Thanks for your replies and thank you Nick as well,
      Dan

      On 10/25/06, Steven Gordon <sgordonphd@...> wrote:

      > Case studies can show that it is indeed possible to be successful with
      > various agile methods, but there could certainly be case studies that show
      > waterfall or various ad-hoc methods can also be successful. Case studies
      > can never demonstrate that any metholodogy will be more or less successful
      > than any other.
      >
      > Case studies are good for learning, but they will never convince a
      > resistant
      > manager. Success on a small internal pilot project is the best way I know
      > of to help a resistant manager understand the value.
      >
      > On 10/25/06, Nick Robinson <nick.robinson@...<nick.robinson%40lab49.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Dan,
      > >
      > > I am aware of papers at IEEE that demonstrate success with Scrum,
      > > certainly, and I amsure there are XP reports too.
      > >
      > > Nick Robinson
      > > Lab49, Inc
      > > http://www.lab49.com <http://www.lab49.com/>
      > > http://blog.lab49.com <http://blog.lab49.com/>