Ars Digita

  • Matt Heusser
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      Simon Jones wrote:

      >Some of what the article contained reminded me of a company called
      >ArsDigita (www.openacs.org is the legacy of that company).. Similar
      >sort of philosophy afaict. Everything went well during the bubble.
      >Everything went pair shaped soon after.

      The bubble bursting was only half the problem. ArsDigitia took on venture
      capital funding and then did a _series_ of classic mistakes, including
      overexpansion and total re-writes in java.

      If advertising revenue is a bubble, you could argue that Google is making
      *some* of those same mistakes.

      Certainly not all.

      Regards,

      --
      Matthew Heusser,
      http://www.xndev.com

      A world-class software conference, right here in Grand Rapids!
      October 25-26 - http://www.glsec.org - Program info is now available and
      registration is open!