Re: [XP] Blog about Google and Agile

    Message 1 of 138 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hello J., thanks for your note. On Sunday, October 1, 2006, at
      12:05:18 PM, you wrote:

      > Mary Poppendieck wrote:

      >> Which proves the point - no company is even close to perfect, some
      >> are just better on the average than others.
      >>
      >> I really did not appreciate the culture at 3M until I left - and
      >> many friends have told me the same thing. Yet I'd say that at 3M,
      >> perhaps only half or two-thirds of the managers understood and
      >> honored the underlying culture of respect for each individual.
      >> Still, that is a far better track record than many companies I have
      >> run into lately.

      > Does anyone else find this statistic depressing?

      No. It's a "glass half full" thing. Fully half to two-thirds of
      manages at 3M actually get it. That's cool.

      Or, it might be a "glass too big" kind of thing. Maybe 3M has too
      many managers. ;->

      Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. -- Picasso
    • Paul
      Message 138 of 138 , Oct 11, 2006
        On 10/3/06, Steven Gordon <sgordonphd@...> wrote:

        > On 10/3/06, Paul <paultsai@...> wrote:

        > > On 10/3/06, Simon Jones <simon@...> wrote:
        > > > I doubt the mobile operator I currently work with could afford the
        > > > luxuries outlined.

        > > Well I bet Google at its beginnings couldn't either.

        > You would lose that bet.

        Of course I would. I actually meant it in the matter that many people
        call it a "luxury" that they shouldn't have until they have the money
        (I get that all the time from bosses). In fact it is not a Luxury, its
        cirtical to their business.

        --
        Paul
        Email - paultsai@...