Re: [XP] Blog about Google and Agile

  • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
    Message 1 of 138 , Oct 1, 2006
      From: "Victor" <vmgoldberg.at.verizon.net@...>
      To: "extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com"
      Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 7:56 AM
      Subject: Re: [XP] Blog about Google and Agile

      >> Yet ... [3M has] a far better track record than many companies I have
      >> run into lately.
      >
      > Could it be that Management Schools in particular, and the management
      > culture in general could do something to improve themselves? Is there
      > anything that can be done about it, in practical terms? What does it mean
      > that Dilbert is not making an impact in terms of management quality?

      Of course they could. The very first thing they could
      do is hang a picture of Fredrik Tailor under the heading
      "The Great Satan".

      John Roth

      > Victor
      >
      > ===================================

    • Paul
      Message 138 of 138 , Oct 11, 2006
        On 10/3/06, Steven Gordon <sgordonphd@...> wrote:

        > On 10/3/06, Paul <paultsai@...> wrote:

        > > On 10/3/06, Simon Jones <simon@...> wrote:
        > > > I doubt the mobile operator I currently work with could afford the
        > > > luxuries outlined.

        > > Well I bet Google at its beginnings couldn't either.

        > You would lose that bet.

        Of course I would. I actually meant it in the matter that many people
        call it a "luxury" that they shouldn't have until they have the money
        (I get that all the time from bosses). In fact it is not a Luxury, its
        cirtical to their business.

        --
        Paul
        Email - paultsai@...