Re: [XP] Refactoring is the problem

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 91 , Oct 1, 2006
      Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > An interesting question, which, in somewhat the spirit of Kent's
      > excellent video about personal fears, I'll answer sincerely and at
      > length. I'd sincerely like you to answer, if you can, why it /does/
      > bother you.

      Another part of this surfaced this morning.

      It bothers me because there is an implicit assumption that I am not
      trying to do my best to help the team succeed, when that is precisely
      why I did what I did. It's as though she would rather assume I was not
      trying to help, and she should know better.

      Now I realize that wasn't her conscious motivation at all, but I thought
      I would share this, as it hit me pretty hard this morning. Since this
      isn't her conscious motivation, I need to give her the benefit of the
      doubt and assume she means something different next time.
      Your guide to software craftsmanship
    • Adrian Howard
      Message 91 of 91 , Oct 7, 2006
        On 6 Oct 2006, at 18:08, Ron Jeffries wrote:

        > Hello, adrianh quietstars. We email macros have been trying hard to
        > give Ron a more human on line appearance, a task whose magnitude we
        > frankly find daunting. We are glad to hear that we have at least
        > been able to amuse you, which is more than he has ever done.

        Now *that* made me laugh out loud.

        Adrian