Re: [XP] Blog about Google and Agile

  • Ilja Preuss
    Message 1 of 138 , Sep 30, 2006
      yahoogroups@... schrieb:

      > He thinks he's found something that's "really agile",
      > while what he's found is a company where the
      > management thinks that letting the developers do
      > whatever they want is going to translate into profits.
      >
      > They may or may not be right, but it has nothing
      > to do with the environment in which most of us
      > work, and likewise has nothing to do with these
      > activities we call "Agile".

      Mhh, I see you point, but...

      Isn't that the exact same argument people use to reject Agile - "most of
      us simply live in an environment where scope, time and budget are fixed
      - therefore Agile doesn't apply to us." Don't we tell those people that
      they might benefit from trying to change their environment?

      Puzzled, Ilja
    • Paul
      Message 138 of 138 , Oct 11, 2006
        On 10/3/06, Steven Gordon <sgordonphd@...> wrote:

        > On 10/3/06, Paul <paultsai@...> wrote:

        > > On 10/3/06, Simon Jones <simon@...> wrote:
        > > > I doubt the mobile operator I currently work with could afford the
        > > > luxuries outlined.

        > > Well I bet Google at its beginnings couldn't either.

        > You would lose that bet.

        Of course I would. I actually meant it in the matter that many people
        call it a "luxury" that they shouldn't have until they have the money
        (I get that all the time from bosses). In fact it is not a Luxury, its
        cirtical to their business.

        --
        Paul
        Email - paultsai@...