RE: cardmeeting was Re: [XP] Realising my mistakes with XP

  • Steve Bate
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 4, 2006
      > Ed Howland wrote:
      > Steve, we used Google Spreadsheets as a test on one project so far.
      > The situation was where the developers and customer were very mobile
      > and we wanted to collaborate on line. Overall, I'd say they fit this
      > particular niche OK. But there is an initial learning curve. For
      > instance, every change you make to the sheet is instantly saved (and
      > thus visable to others.) But some are in the habit of saving their
      > work. In Google Spreadsheets, there is no Save, just Save As. One of
      > our developers kept saving as (the same name) and we all wondered why
      > his changes never appeared. It appeared in a private sheet onwed by
      > him alone.

      Hi Ed,

      :-) I've read an experience report about introducing a wiki at a large
      coorporation and some of the users had trouble typing control-S
      to save wiki page edits. Of course, this invokes the "Save Page As..."
      dialog of the browser rather than saving the edited form.

      A colleague and I played with the Google spreadsheet today and it
      definitely looks interesting. I'd be interested in any other experience
      reports about using it to support agile collaboration.

      Thanks,

      Steve
    • Psychie Naill
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 9, 2006