Re: [XP] Re: BLOG: NUnit on Linux

  • Willem Bogaerts
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
      Seyit Caglar Abbasoglu wrote:
      > "Of course I wish Microsoft would get behind a more 21st century language as well ..."
      >
      > What do you (you all) think a 21st century language (and platform) should be like? Are there any languages which makes it easier to apply XP practices into code?

      If it has to be an object-oriented language, it should be a *real*
      object oriented language. It'd have the legibility of Visual Basic and
      the object orientation of Eiffel. I can imagine the IDE would look more
      like a graphical UML editor than a text editor.

      If the the language would contain the word "visual", then it would be a
      *real* visual language, like MathCAD.

      If it would rely heavily on events, it would have an event mechanism
      similar to VRML'97.

      But it could also be a functional language, like Haskell (but with
      understandable monad support), or something that comes close, like LISP.

      Wait... was LISP not a 1960s language? Well, I think a good language is
      really timeless.

      Best regards,
      Willem Bogaerts