BLOG: NUnit on Linux

  • Charlie Poole
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2006
      Hi folks,

      Yet another blog entry I drafted at OSCON. This shows some screenshots of
      NUnit actually running on Linux under Mono.

      http://blogs.nunit.com/?p=31

      Charlie
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 30, 2006
        Hello Charlie,

        Thanks for your email. On Sunday, July 30, 2006, at 3:01:50 AM, you
        wrote:

        > Yet another blog entry I drafted at OSCON. This shows some screenshots of
        > NUnit actually running on Linux under Mono.

        Sounds like Mono is getting better. I wish Microsoft would really
        get behind it and help make it work really well.

        Of course I wish Microsoft would get behind a more 21st century
        language as well ...

        You don't want to sell me waterfall.
        You want to go home and rethink your life.
      • Seyit Caglar Abbasoglu
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
          "Of course I wish Microsoft would get behind a more 21st century language as well ..."

          What do you (you all) think a 21st century language (and platform) should be like? Are there any languages which makes it easier to apply XP practices into code?
        • Chris Wheeler
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006

            > "Of course I wish Microsoft would get behind a more 21st century language
            > as well ..."
            >
            > What do you (you all) think a 21st century language (and platform) should
            > be like? Are there any languages which makes it easier to apply XP practices
            > into code?

            I personally find Ruby to be a nice language for refactoring and TDD. When
            I use it, I feel very comfortable and natural in it.

            I tend to complain more about the tools. I've used Eclipse and MS tools, and
            I don't feel like either does a really good job of providing for agility.
            But I can't really think about what kind of tool would be helpful for
            agility, at this moment.

            Chris.
            Chris Wheeler
            chriswheeler.blogspot.com
            coach, programmer & practitioner

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
              From: "Seyit Caglar Abbasoglu"
              <scabbasoglu_xp.at.yahoo.com@...>
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
                Seyit Caglar Abbasoglu wrote:
                > "Of course I wish Microsoft would get behind a more 21st century language as well ..."
                >
                > What do you (you all) think a 21st century language (and platform) should be like? Are there any languages which makes it easier to apply XP practices into code?

                If it has to be an object-oriented language, it should be a *real*
                object oriented language. It'd have the legibility of Visual Basic and
                the object orientation of Eiffel. I can imagine the IDE would look more
                like a graphical UML editor than a text editor.

                If the the language would contain the word "visual", then it would be a
                *real* visual language, like MathCAD.

                If it would rely heavily on events, it would have an event mechanism
                similar to VRML'97.

                But it could also be a functional language, like Haskell (but with
                understandable monad support), or something that comes close, like LISP.

                Wait... was LISP not a 1960s language? Well, I think a good language is
                really timeless.

                Best regards,
                Willem Bogaerts