Re: [XP] Replacing the term "synergy"

  • Adrian Howard
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 25, 2006
      On 24 Jul 2006, at 14:32, yahoogroups@... wrote:
      [snip]
      > So I'm looking at a different approach: a sports metaphor.
      >
      > "How do you think <insert current winning player/team> got
      > where they're at? Was it good coaching? Good genetics for
      > the sport? Rigorous practice schedule? Analysis of performance
      > and taking corrective action? Indominable will to win?"
      >
      > "None of them, by themselves, get you to the top ranks.
      > It's all of them, put together and done to the max."
      [snip]

      Sounds reasonable.

      Personally I usually say something like "The whole is greater than
      the some of its parts" or "The practices work better together than
      then do separately"; then go to talk about how the actual practices
      work together. Even with non-technical audiences this seems to work
      reasonably well.

      Adrian