Re: [XP] How is SCRUM related to XP

  • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2006
      From: "escamoteur_burkhart"
      <mail.at.burkharts.net@...>
      To: "extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com"
      Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 1:08 PM
      Subject: [XP] How is SCRUM related to XP

      Hi,

      Im a little bit confused. I came about the term SCRUM, looked it up in
      wikipedia and the description looked like pure XP?

      So what's the matter about it?

      [Response]

      Scrum is almost pure project management, with a
      little team organization and almost no advice for
      actual software construction.

      XP is a bit lighter on project management, but has
      a fully developed co-located team practice and a
      fully developed software construction component.

      Part of the confusion is that many, possibly close
      to half or more, Scrum teams actually use most of
      the XP practices. They just don't say so.

      John Roth

      PS. The Wikipedia article on XP is in dire
      need of a rewrite. I haven't looked at the Scrum
      article, but if it's similar quality it needs a rewrite
      as well, by someone who knows what they're
      talking about.

      [Thomas]

      Best regards

      Thomas