How is SCRUM related to XP

  • escamoteur_burkhart
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2006
      Hi,

      Im a little bit confused. I came about the term SCRUM, looked it up in
      wikipedia and the description looked like pure XP?

      So what's the matter about it?

      Best regards

      Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2006
        On Tuesday, July 4, 2006, at 3:08:25 PM, escamoteur_burkhart wrote:

        > Im a little bit confused. I came about the term SCRUM, looked it up in
        > wikipedia and the description looked like pure XP?

        > So what's the matter about it?

        Scrum does not include engineering practices as part of its
        definition, though of course most teams have to figure out some kind
        of engineering practices. Scrum planning and XP planning are
        similar, but different.

        To gain knowledge, add something every day;
        to gain wisdom, remove something every day.
        -- Lao Tzu