Re: Q: What is TDD, Test Driven Development?

  • Marco Dorantes
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2 8:34 PM
      The technique has important and useful implications for the advance
      of software quality and it fits well with the following event:

      TAP: Tests And Proofs
      http://tap.ethz.ch/TAP_Tests_And_Proofs.1.0.html

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Phlip <phlip2005@...>
      wrote:

      > hyunkichung wrote:
      >
      > > TDD is one of XP, right?
      > > What is TDD, and from where can I start ?
      >
      > Test Driven Development is the ideal that tests should drive all
      > aspects of development. Under XP, customer liaisons write high-level
      > tests, and developers write low-level tests before writing passing
      > code. Teams using these practices have extremely low defect rates.
      >
      > Google "test first", with the quote, to get started.
      >
      > --
      > Phlip
      > http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!

    • hyunkichung
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6 11:03 PM
        Thanks for your advice.

        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Bunea"
        <dan.bunea@...> wrote:

        > I would really recommend Kent Beck's Test Driven Development book.
        If you
        > do want to get the feeling a little faster I wrote some time ago
        an
        > article about TDD, descibing it step by step with code at:
        > http://danbunea.blogspot.com/2005/12/test-little-code-little-
        practical.html

        > I hope it helps,
        > Dan
        >

        > On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:16:35 +0400, hyunkichung <hyunkichung@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > TDD is one of XP, right?
        > > What is TDD, and from where can I start ?
        > >
        > > Please give me your advise.
        > >

        > --
        >
        > Dan Bunea
        > http://danbunea.blogspot.com