[Moderator] Re: [XP] Re: Convincing the business

  • igouy2
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 1 11:53 AM
      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Kent Beck" <kentb@...> wrote:

      > I don't see a contradiction. Isaac is talking about a book. You are
      > talking about a software process.

      That's right, whatever problems there are with "Agile and Iterative
      Development" Chapter 6 stay in "Agile and Iterative Development"
      Chapter 6 - unless we put forward that chapter as "evidence" to
      promote a software process.

      And those who wish to can avoid whatever problems there are with
      "Agile and Iterative Development" Chapter 6 by putting forward the
      original studies as "evidence".

      > It seems to me that Isaac has made a contribution by doing his
      > homework and asking for higher standards of scholarship. As an
      > author, I will try to take this to heart. Perhaps now it is time to
      > return the discussion to software development.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Kent Beck
      > Three Rivers Institute
    • vb6_dev
      Message 37 of 37 , Jul 3 10:36 AM
        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Phlip <phlip2005@...> wrote:

        > Steve Bate wrote:
        >
        > > > Jim Shore wrote:
        > > > I thought the purpose of moderation was to weed out social
        misfits.
        > > > This came across as suppressing a dissenting opinion.
        > >
        > > +1!
        >
        > http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=isaac+gouy
        >
        > --
        > Phlip
        > http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!

        The mere fact that he's been tilting at this particular windmill for a
        while doesn't make his point invalid.