Re: [XP] Q: What is TDD, Test Driven Development?

  • Dan Bunea
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2006
      I would really recommend Kent Beck's Test Driven Development book. If you
      do want to get the feeling a little faster I wrote some time ago an
      article about TDD, descibing it step by step with code at:
      http://danbunea.blogspot.com/2005/12/test-little-code-little-practical.html

      I hope it helps,
      Dan

      --

      Dan Bunea
      http://danbunea.blogspot.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2006
        The technique has important and useful implications for the advance
        of software quality and it fits well with the following event:

        TAP: Tests And Proofs
        http://tap.ethz.ch/TAP_Tests_And_Proofs.1.0.html

        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Phlip <phlip2005@...>
        wrote:

        > hyunkichung wrote:
        >
        > > TDD is one of XP, right?
        > > What is TDD, and from where can I start ?
        >
        > Test Driven Development is the ideal that tests should drive all
        > aspects of development. Under XP, customer liaisons write high-level
        > tests, and developers write low-level tests before writing passing
        > code. Teams using these practices have extremely low defect rates.
        >
        > Google "test first", with the quote, to get started.
        >
        > --
        > Phlip
        > http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!

      • hyunkichung
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
          Thanks for your advice.

          --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Bunea"
          <dan.bunea@...> wrote:

          > I would really recommend Kent Beck's Test Driven Development book.
          If you
          > do want to get the feeling a little faster I wrote some time ago
          an
          > article about TDD, descibing it step by step with code at:
          > http://danbunea.blogspot.com/2005/12/test-little-code-little-
          practical.html

          > I hope it helps,
          > Dan
          >

          > On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:16:35 +0400, hyunkichung <hyunkichung@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > TDD is one of XP, right?
          > > What is TDD, and from where can I start ?
          > >
          > > Please give me your advise.
          > >

          > --
          >
          > Dan Bunea
          > http://danbunea.blogspot.com