Re: [XP] XP for third party component vendor

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
      Phlip wrote:

      > escamoteur_burkhart wrote:
      >
      > > Our products are most of the time sold to govermantal organisations
      > > and there a roll out is not so easy, because we have not a web based
      > > application, but one that has to be installed at a lot of locations.
      >
      > That means, once a week, you will install a new version to a lot of
      > locations,

      Just a note: These locations are in your lab. Get a bunch of dead
      Pentium IIIs, wire them up, install your customer's environment on
      them, ghost their hard drives, and install install install.

      > each running a previous version, and you will automate the
      > test which confirms each install.

      This way, when the time comes to really install to a real customer,
      you have much higher confidence that stuff will work.

      --
      Phlip
      http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!