Re: [XP] Newsgroup Vs Mailing list

  • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      From: "Robert Hanson"
      <robert.hanson.at.spanlink.com@...>
      To: "extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com"
      Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 3:11 PM
      Subject: [XP] Newsgroup Vs Mailing list

      > In a recent post, John Roth wrote:
      >

      > "Yes, it did. You haven't seen the history of this particular
      > issue, most of which occured on the newsgroup, not the mailing
      > list...."
      >

      > Does this mean I'm missing some conversations by only subscribing to
      > this mailing list? Which newsgroup is the one mentioned?

      It's comp.software.extreme-programming

      At one time it was quite active, but in the last few years the
      activity has died down. Some of us hang around to answer
      questions and direct newbies to the mailing list.

      I count 7 new threads on the newsgroup for June, and there's
      still a day to go...

      John Roth