[XP] Re: Alloy - SciAm article "Dependable Software by Design"

  • konopelko_pavel
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1 2:57 AM
      Ah, yes it would be possible to do TDD with Alloy. As far as know
      the ability to build specifications incrementally was explicitly
      designed into the language. A mechanism to specify and check
      assertions is also available.

      What is lacking is tool support for organizing assertions into
      suites and showing a green/red bar after the big test button was
      pressed. Another obstacle is a typical assertion check taking some
      seconds on a normal desktop PC. Also tracking back from a failed
      assertion to the specification fault may be not trivial.

      Regards,
      --Pavel Konopelko

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Phlip <phlip2005@...>