Re: [XP] [Mod ]UNmoderating users

  • Bill Caputo
    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2006
      > When taking a poster off moderation, please consider using the radio
      > button that sets them to the group setting, rather than overriding
      > them to no moderation. It's slightly more flexible at our end, not
      > that I ever foresee using the flexibility ...

      Gotcha, that was my mistake.
    • Dave Rooney
      Message 2 of 11 , May 31, 2006
        Ron Jeffries wrote:
        > It's slightly more flexible at our end, not
        > that I ever foresee using the flexibility ...

        Um, YAGNI? ;)

        Dave Rooney
        Mayford Technologies
        http://www.mayford.ca
      • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 31, 2006
          OK. Yahoo seems to have changed something since
          I started.

          John Roth

          > When taking a poster off moderation, please consider using the radio
          > button that sets them to the group setting, rather than overriding
          > them to no moderation. It's slightly more flexible at our end, not
          > that I ever foresee using the flexibility ...
          >
          > Ron Jeffries
          > www.XProgramming.com
          > To tolerate a problem is to insist on it. -- Software for Your Head

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Robert Hanson
          Message 4 of 11 , May 31, 2006
            I think YAGNI covers cases where there is a significant investment of
            time/energy in doing something that is not needed now, but might or
            might not be needed in the future.

            Choosing one radio button over another is not a significant investment
            of time or energy.

            Maybe we need another acronym, as an answer to YAGNI:
            IDCAM - it doesn't cost any more

            > It's slightly more flexible at our end, not
            > that I ever foresee using the flexibility ...

            Um, YAGNI? ;)

            Dave Rooney
            Mayford Technologies
            http://www.mayford.ca

            ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Dossy Shiobara
            Message 5 of 11 , May 31, 2006
              On 2006.05.31, Robert Hanson <robert.hanson@...> wrote:
              > Maybe we need another acronym, as an answer to YAGNI:
              > IDCAM - it doesn't cost any more

              IJACT - It's Just As Cheap To ...

              Or, the actual phrase I use ... but haven't shortened into an acronym:

              All Things Being Equal ...

              -- Dossy

              --
              Dossy Shiobara | dossy@... | http://dossy.org/
              Panoptic Computer Network | http://panoptic.com/
              Message 6 of 11 , May 31, 2006
                On Wednesday, May 31, 2006, at 1:50:52 PM, Dave Rooney wrote:

                > Ron Jeffries wrote:
                >> It's slightly more flexible at our end, not
                >> that I ever foresee using the flexibility ...
                >>

                > Um, YAGNI? ;)

                No, Simplest thing that could possibly work. ;->

                Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.
                --Albert Einstein
                Message 7 of 11 , May 31, 2006
                  On Wednesday, May 31, 2006, at 2:15:48 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:

                  > I think YAGNI covers cases where there is a significant investment of
                  > time/energy in doing something that is not needed now, but might or
                  > might not be needed in the future.

                  > Choosing one radio button over another is not a significant investment
                  > of time or energy.

                  > Maybe we need another acronym, as an answer to YAGNI:
                  > IDCAM - it doesn't cost any more

                  Or WTMDON ... Way Too Much Discussion Over Nothing. <chuckle/>

                  Accroche toi a ton reve. --ELO
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 31, 2006
                    On Wednesday, May 31, 2006, at 2:19:37 PM, Dossy Shiobara wrote:

                    > On 2006.05.31, Robert Hanson <robert.hanson@...> wrote:
                    >> Maybe we need another acronym, as an answer to YAGNI:
                    >> IDCAM - it doesn't cost any more

                    > IJACT - It's Just As Cheap To ...

                    > Or, the actual phrase I use ... but haven't shortened into an acronym:

                    > All Things Being Equal ...

                    I always say "Ceteris Paribus", which means the same thing and makes
                    people think I might be a lawyer, so they'll like me better ...

                  • Bill Caputo
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 31, 2006
                      > On Wednesday, May 31, 2006, at 1:50:52 PM, Dave Rooney wrote:
                      >
                      > > Ron Jeffries wrote:
                      > >> It's slightly more flexible at our end, not
                      > >> that I ever foresee using the flexibility ...
                      > >>

                      > > Um, YAGNI? ;)
                      >
                      > No, Simplest thing that could possibly work. ;->

                      Well then, if that's the case I was checking the right radio-button
                      after-all since it was first on the that allowed them to post
                      unmoderated! :-D
                    • Dossy Shiobara
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 31, 2006
                        On 2006.05.31, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
                        > I always say "Ceteris Paribus", which means the same thing and makes
                        > people think I might be a lawyer, so they'll like me better ...

                        Any technologist who likes lawyers, please raise your remaining hand.

                        That's what I thought.

                        -- Dossy
                        (Natch, the other hand was bitten off as you were feeding them ...)