OT - RE: Please change subject lines (was: RE: [XP] Re: XPlanner...Does anyone have experience with it?)

  • SherlockSridhar
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10 10:45 AM
      On Wed, 10 May 2006 17:34:44 +0200, "Ilja Preuss" <preuss@...>
      said:
      > > I don't know how to resolve the issue you're describing.
      > > Sometimes topics are too complex and multifaceted to be accurately
      > > represented in a subject line. It would be nice if subject lines
      > > could be as agile as the discussion threads they describe.
      >
      > +1, although I'm not sure it could work. Another problem is that the
      > topic
      > of a single email can look quite different from the topic of the thread
      > it
      > appears in.

      Some high-volume lists I know of have topics that can span multiple
      ideas as the thread goes on. They use "/" as separator in the subject
      line to show that multiple topics are discussed in the message.

      Regards
      Sridhar

      "A lot of preconceptions can be avoided by simply trying them out" - Bruce Eckel

      --
      http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely differentÂ…