New APLN chapter in Richmond, VA

  • Joseph Little
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      There is a new Agile Project Leadership Network chapter in Richmond,
      VA. If you are in or near Richmond, or will be, please join us (and
      tell us you are coming).

      In very simple terms, we want to evangelize Agile, XP and Scrum on the
      business side. We hope you will support us and give us feedback.

      See: http://apln-richmond.pbwiki.com/
      See also: apln.org

      For those you have not done it, I encourage you to do "grass roots"
      activities like this. We are looking to find the lever from which to
      move the right people.

      Regards, Joe

      Joseph Little
      Kitty Hawk Consulting
    • banshee858
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2006

        > In very simple terms, we want to evangelize Agile, XP and Scrum on the
        > business side. We hope you will support us and give us feedback.
        >
        > For those you have not done it, I encourage you to do "grass roots"
        > activities like this. We are looking to find the lever from which to
        > move the right people.

        What does this group do that a local agile usergroup does not?

        Carlton
      • Joseph Little
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2006
          Carlton,

          Well, we are the only local agile group in Richmond, VA, per Agile
          Alliance (and my use of Google).

          The APLN national org has a slightly different focus than other agile
          orgs, with a bit of tilt toward "Project Leaders" and perhaps less
          orientation toward the internals of the Team. But we all know the two
          go together. I do hope the words we use seem less geeky to
          the "suits", and get them to buy-in faster and more completely to the
          business value that agile delivers to them (and all of us).

          Otherwise, agile issues are agile issues. We welcome all flavors of
          agile.

          Does that answer?

          In any case, please come and visit us sometime.

          Regards, Joe

          Kittyhawkconsulting.com

          --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "banshee858" <cnett858@...>
          wrote:

          > > In very simple terms, we want to evangelize Agile, XP and Scrum on
          the
          > > business side. We hope you will support us and give us feedback.
          > >
          > > For those you have not done it, I encourage you to do "grass roots"
          > > activities like this. We are looking to find the lever from which
          > > move the right people.
          > >
          > What does this group do that a local agile usergroup does not?
          >
          > Carlton

        • banshee858
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2006

            > Well, we are the only local agile group in Richmond, VA, per Agile
            > Alliance (and my use of Google).
            >
            > The APLN national org has a slightly different focus than other
            > agile orgs, with a bit of tilt toward "Project Leaders" and perhaps
            > less orientation toward the internals of the Team. But we all know
            > the two go together. I do hope the words we use seem less geeky to
            > the "suits", and get them to buy-in faster and more completely to
            > the business value that agile delivers to them (and all of us).

            OK. I was just curious on what you do since I organize and moderate a
            local XP usergroup in San Diego (www.xpsd.org). I feel we spend a lot
            of time talking about the "soft" sides of XP and agile software
            development. So much so, I think the "geeks" are looking for more
            "hard" material.

            Unfortunately, the only time I spend in VA has me in the DC area. Not
            often around Richmond, but maybe I do not understand the geography
            well enough to know they are close enough for a visit.

            Carlton