Re: "That's okay, we don't automate tests anyway."

  • Jason Almeter
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2006
      Dossy Shiobara <dossy@...> writes:

      > Needless to say, it's not a full-on XP shop. Joe happens to be someone
      > I hired, who I consider a disciple of mine, for a full-on XP team I ran
      > for 9 months inside the company. While it's clear my efforts had a
      > positive impact on the people I worked with directly, the "ripple
      > effect" of influence hasn't reached far outside my initial team.
      >
      > Maybe that's what makes me the saddest.

      The "ripple effect" requires enormous patience. I introduced
      automated programmer test support to one of our build systems at the
      end of 1999. At the end of 2005, approximately 15% of the products of
      that build system had any tests at all.

      On a positive note, I just transitioned to a newer team working on a
      different platform. I discovered that their build system supports
      automated tests and a port of my implementation of xUnit for C++. I
      feel like I discovered a long lost relative. It has been great.

      -Jason

      --

      jalmeter under 99 at yahoo