Recommendations on introducing FIT to an XP development team

  • Ed Kraay
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2006
      Hi,

      I am trying to introduce FIT to my XP enabled development team. My tester is
      on-board. He's actually installed Fitnesse and is beginning to write some
      simple acceptance tests. My next step is to begin to "fold in" FIT to our
      agile development process. My end goal would be to not pass a story until
      it's acceptance tests (written before hand) were green in Fitnesse. Lately
      we've been passing a lot of stories when their tasks are complete, but not
      necessarily when a customer can call them complete. I'm worried about that.

      Does anyone have a recommendation on the best way to introduce FIT to
      developers? I think they are open to the idea of learning about it, but not
      sure how to start getting their hands dirty. I was toying with the idea of
      assigning "FIT for developing software" to the team and having a bookclub
      discussion about it later. The other alternative would be to do it virally,
      get one developer on board and write a few tests for a story in the next
      iteration and see how that goes. Thoughts?

      Thanks,

      Ed