Gordon Pask Award 2006

  • Brian Marick
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2006
      Each year at the Agile200X Conference, the Agile Alliance presents the
      Gordon Pask Award for Contributions to Agile Practice. Here's its

      The Gordon Pask Award recognizes two people whose recent
      contributions to
      Agile Practice demonstrate, in the opinion of the Award Committee,
      their potential to become leaders of the field. The award comes
      with
      a check for US$5000.

      Last year's recipients were:

      J. B. Rainsberger, for spending a great deal of time helping
      people on the testdrivendevelopment mailing list, for writing
      _JUnit Recipes_, for XP Day Toronto, and for being the Agile2005
      tutorial chair.

      Jim Shore, for his performance as a paper shepherd; for a fine
      experience report he gave at ADC2003 that, together with his
      blog, suggest a cast of thought that deserves cultivation; for
      his work on the Fit specification and the C# version of Fit; and
      for being a person who holds the Fit world together by doing the
      sort of organizational and cleanup tasks that are usually
      thankless.

      You can see that we are looking for people who provide both ideas and
      actions. We want people who are advancing the state of the
      practice. But we also want people who are spreading knowledge of the
      existing state of the practice, so that Agile teams know what more
      there is to learn. And we also want people who are helping people on a
      personal level, not just at the abstract level of ideas.

      Send nominations making the case for a particular person to
      pask-nominations@.... The deadline for nominations is
      May 31.

      -----
      Brian Marick, independent consultant