Re: [XP] Iteration Length

  • Jeff Langr
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 6, 2006
      yahoogroups@... wrote:
      >>> I've heard of one group that claimed to do half day iterations. They
      >>> were some kind of rapid response Web application, IIRC.
      >>>

      > I heard about it here on the list several months, maybe a year
      > or so ago. It seemed to be a very special case at the time.
      >
      > I also don't think they were doing what I would consider a
      > full iteration, which includes the customer meeting at the front
      > and the customer signoff at the end.
      >
      > I've been in situations where there were developers working
      > on one day or half day turnaround projects, with production
      > situations that supported getting them run in that time frame.

      "Maintenance teams" (whatever they are) on a stable application might be
      an ideal group for single-day iterations. They'd be making small
      enhancements and responding to non-critical defect reports, things that
      usually require less customer interaction. And perhaps less effort on
      the ATs (see Mr Beck's other posting re: single-day iterations in Moscow).

      Jeff

      --
      Langr Software Solutions
      http://langrsoft.com