RE: [XP] Training Devs to Test

  • Tim Dugan
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2006
      " [...] haven't seen any good developers who don't test - [...] Most
      developers I've seen have learned to test from other developers."

      I'm sure it's true...most GOOD developers test most of the time.

      But even great developers can have difficulty testing enhancements to
      legacy systems that were not built with testing in mind--or a system in
      which generations of enhancements have eroded the original unit testing
      scheme.

      Testing is not an innate skill...training people to test and to write
      testable software may be a good idea. If nothing else, you probably
      want to have company and product standards about how and what to test.

      Tim Dugan, Technical Lead - O&D/RTDP
      PROS Revenue Management
      (713)335-7942, tdugan@...