Re: [XP] Pair programming with the Product Owner?

  • Victor
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2006
      In principle sounds good.

      Things to keep on the back of your mind:

      Sometimes the product owner has ego issues based on either insecurities or
      excessive self reliance. It's very important to make her feel comfortable
      sharing her limitations, while at the same time not to let her control the
      process in the wrong direction. So, maybe one or more preparatory
      conversations would be useful to ensure good communication and agreement on
      the rules of the game.

      Victor

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2006
        Someone sent this article a couple of months ago about pairing with the
        product owner: http://vector.org.uk/archive/v221/sjt221.htm

        > Our team has a Product Owner who is quite technical (knowledgeable
        about
        the databases and some coding). One of the developers suggested pair
        programming with the Product Owner. It sounds like a good idea to try.
        I'm
        curious to know if anyone on this list has had a similar situation and
        tried
        that.

        > We'll probably give it a go regardless, and will be happy to let the
        list know what we think of it.

        > - njv

        > Nancy Van Schooenderwoert
        > http://www.agilerules.com

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • vanschoo@speakeasy.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
          Penny,
          Thanks for that link to the vector.org article! It's very well-written and I just couldn't stop reading once I started. Seems like they've gone beyond the need for explicit iterations even - just continual pairing with customers whenever anything is wanted. Beautiful! - njv, agilerules.com