Re: [XP] valuable and less risky/less costly stories first

  • Greg Akins
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 6, 2006
      Something I didn't think of, while reading the earlier posts; and I
      think it get's at the crux of what Keith originally asked about.

      How many project put a risk factor on not even being able to implement
      a simple system without thrashing?

      I'm working on a app now where the lead/architect continually puts
      automated testing and an automated build process at the bottom of a
      list of priorities because "we need to deliver features, or the
      project will be cancelled"

      If we had put a low risk story in place with a full CI system, we'd
      have saved a lot of thrashing later in the project. And significantly
      reduced the probability of bad things happening on more complicated /
      risky stories later in development.

      -greg