Re: [XP] Current use of branching for XP teams?

  • glbrown@inebraska.com
    Message 1 of 49 , Mar 2, 2006
      Quoting Keith Ray <keith.ray@...>:

      > "how our customers perceive our offerings" is a
      > marketing/sales/non-technical issue.
      >
      > Giving skillful enough messages and people, just about any perception
      > is possible. People _often_ prefer "free", but sometimes not. And some
      > people will pay for the most outlandish things.

      From "The Lorax" by Dr. Suess

      He was shortish. And oldish.
      And brownish. And mossy.
      And he spoke with a voice
      that was sharpish and bossy.

      Mister! he said with a sawdusty sneeze,
      I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.
      I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
      And I'm asking you, sir, at the top of my lungs--
      he was very upset as he shouted and puffed--
      What's that THING you've made out of my Truffula tuft?

      Look, Lorax, I said. There's no cause for alarm.
      I chopped just one tree. I am doing no harm.
      I'm being quite useful. This thing is a Thneed.
      A Thneed´s a Fine-Something-That-All-People-Need!
      It's a shirt. It´s a sock. It´s a glove. It´s a hat.
      But it has other uses. Yes, far beyond that.
      You can use it for carpets. For pillows! For sheets!
      Or curtains! Or covers for bicycle seats!
      The Lorax said,
      Sir! You are crazy with greed.
      There is no one on earth
      who would buy that fool Thneed!

      But the very next minute I proved he was wrong.
      For, just at that minute, a chap came along,
      and he thought that the Thneed I had knitted was great.
      He happily bought it for three ninety-eight.
      I laughed at the Lorax, You poor stupid guy!
      You never can tell what some people will buy.

      8^)

      Gary brown
    • George Dinwiddie
      Message 49 of 49 , Mar 7, 2006
        Brad Appleton wrote:
        > Regarding version-control (and branching) of databases, I've been
        > "collecting" links to various threads/discussions and sites that present
        > particular strategies.

        [snip]
        > If anyone has any other good URLs/references, please share them!

        You might want to look at Ruby Migrations, too.

        When I remember bygone days George Dinwiddie
        I think how evening follows morn; iDIA Computing, LLC
        So many I loved were not yet dead, gdinwiddie@...
        So many I love were not yet born. http://www.idiacomputing.com
        'The Middle' by Ogden Nash http://www.agilemaryland.org