Re: [XP] Current use of branching for XP teams?

  • Keith Ray
    Message 1 of 49 , Mar 2, 2006
      "how our customers perceive our offerings" is a
      marketing/sales/non-technical issue.

      Giving skillful enough messages and people, just about any perception
      is possible. People _often_ prefer "free", but sometimes not. And some
      people will pay for the most outlandish things.

      I would suggest that the discussion of marketing would be more
      appropriate in a forum suited that topic - perhaps there is a forum
      related to Harry Beckwith's "Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to
      Modern Marketing" or similar books.

      C. Keith Ray
    • George Dinwiddie
      Message 49 of 49 , Mar 7, 2006
        Brad Appleton wrote:
        > Regarding version-control (and branching) of databases, I've been
        > "collecting" links to various threads/discussions and sites that present
        > particular strategies.

        [snip]
        > If anyone has any other good URLs/references, please share them!

        You might want to look at Ruby Migrations, too.

        When I remember bygone days George Dinwiddie
        I think how evening follows morn; iDIA Computing, LLC
        So many I loved were not yet dead, gdinwiddie@...
        So many I love were not yet born. http://www.idiacomputing.com
        'The Middle' by Ogden Nash http://www.agilemaryland.org