Re: [XP] Cool build status lights

  • Jason Nocks
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 2, 2006
      Cool. One of these days I want to try to get a U.S. traffic light from e-bay
      or somewhere. In the meantime, Toys R Us sells a little traffic light for
      about US $10.

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001X0DTO/103-4787859-1871802?v=glance

      Just a little rewiring inside (hook each light up to its own power cord), a
      couple of X-10 modules and a controller (also very inexpensive), and you are
      in business.

      --
      Cheers,
      Jason Nocks

      Bliki:
      http://wiki.sourcextreme.org/index.php/Bliki:Jason

      On Tuesday 28 February 2006 8:49 am, Chris Smith wrote:
      > I thought I'd share our new build status lights with the group:
      >
      > http://i2.tinypic.com/orii5k.jpg
      >
      > This is a real, four foot high British traffic light, which is hooked
      > up to our build machine. It was a scoop at only £40 from ebay, but I
      > didn't envy my colleague who had to bring it into work on a crowded
      > London train.
      >
      > The build machine also plays sounds when the build status changes:
      >
      > Red: compilation failure; plays a submarine style siren sound
      > Amber: test failure; plays a 'wrong answer' sound from a game show
      > Green: build success; plays a 'Hallelujah!' sound
      >
      > We also have a secret Friday night mode that plays disco music and
      > alternates combinations of lights to the beat, but we haven't shown
      > that to the Customer yet :-)
      >
      > So, do we have the coolest build status lights?
      >
      > Chris
    • Rob Park
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 8, 2006
        I can't say our build indicator is as cool, but we like it. :-)

        And being an XP-shop, we wrote stories and test-drove the development
        of our Orb's hookup.

        We gave a small presententation on Monday in CO on that very project,
        but you can find the details, steps, and pictures at our web site
        AgileSkunkWorks.org.

        .rob.
      • Brandon Campbell
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 8, 2006
          On 3/8/06, Rob Park <rpark68@...> wrote:

          > I can't say our build indicator is as cool, but we like it. :-)
          >
          > And being an XP-shop, we wrote stories and test-drove the development
          > of our Orb's hookup.
          >
          > We gave a small presententation on Monday in CO on that very project,
          > but you can find the details, steps, and pictures at our web site
          > AgileSkunkWorks.org.
          >
          > .rob.

          Rob,

          That site just took me to what looks like your companies home page.

          --
          Brandon Campbell
          http://bjsea.blogspot.com/

        • Rob Park
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 9, 2006
            It shouldn't. Our company home page is a link at the bottom to
            www.rapidlog.com.

            www.agileskunkworks.org should go to the home page of a site we have just
            for posting agile dev info. There are links on the left for "The Orb" and
            an article link in the middle for the "Build Indicator Lamp".

            Does that help? Or am I missing something?

            .rob.

            P.S. Through some feedback, we've found that you should ignore our VS setup
            page. We missed a very simple little feature in Studio. We'll update that
            over the weekend.

            >From: "Brandon Campbell" <brandonjc@...>
            >To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [XP] Cool build status lights
            >Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:46:29 -0700
            >
            >On 3/8/06, Rob Park <rpark68@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I can't say our build indicator is as cool, but we like it. :-)
            > >
            > > And being an XP-shop, we wrote stories and test-drove the development
            > > of our Orb's hookup.
            > >
            > > We gave a small presententation on Monday in CO on that very project,
            > > but you can find the details, steps, and pictures at our web site
            > > AgileSkunkWorks.org.
            > >
            > > .rob.
            > >

            >Rob,
            >
            >That site just took me to what looks like your companies home page.
            >
            >--
            >Brandon Campbell
            >http://bjsea.blogspot.com/
            >http://www.squidoo.com/xp/

            >ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Anthony Moralez
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 9, 2006
              The issue I had was when I clicked the URL in from the eamil it had a
              '.' at the end so the browser displayed this URL
              http://agileskunkworks.org/ which for some reason ends up at
              www.rapidlog.com

              hope that helps.
              Anthony Moralez
              On 3/9/06, Rob Park <rpark68@...> wrote:
              > It shouldn't. Our company home page is a link at the bottom to
              > www.rapidlog.com.
              >
              > www.agileskunkworks.org should go to the home page of a site we have just
              > for posting agile dev info. There are links on the left for "The Orb" and
              > an article link in the middle for the "Build Indicator Lamp".
              >
              > Does that help? Or am I missing something?
              >
              > .rob.
              >
              > P.S. Through some feedback, we've found that you should ignore our VS setup
              > page. We missed a very simple little feature in Studio. We'll update that
              > over the weekend.
              >

              > >From: "Brandon Campbell" <brandonjc@...>
              > >To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: Re: [XP] Cool build status lights
              > >Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:46:29 -0700
              > >
              > >On 3/8/06, Rob Park <rpark68@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I can't say our build indicator is as cool, but we like it. :-)
              > > >
              > > > And being an XP-shop, we wrote stories and test-drove the development
              > > > of our Orb's hookup.
              > > >
              > > > We gave a small presententation on Monday in CO on that very project,
              > > > but you can find the details, steps, and pictures at our web site
              > > > AgileSkunkWorks.org.
              > > >
              > > > .rob.
              > > >

              > >Rob,
              > >
              > >That site just took me to what looks like your companies home page.
              > >
              > >--
              > >Brandon Campbell
              > >http://bjsea.blogspot.com/
              > >http://www.squidoo.com/xp/