RE: [XP] Stupid questions: Would a "glossary" qualify as a system metaphor?

  • Kent Beck
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 21, 2006
      Luiz,

      Teams work more effectively when members have personal perspectives on a
      shared understanding of the system and the problems it addresses. When I
      want to gauge a team's shared understanding, I ask members individually to
      explain their system to me using four objects. If everyone comes up with
      similar objects, they share a metaphor. Wildly divergent objects suggest the
      team could benefit from working on shared understanding.

      Sincerely yours,

      Kent Beck
      Three Rivers Institute