Re: [XP] Stupid questions: Would a "glossary" qualify as a system metaphor?

  • George Dinwiddie
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 20, 2006
      Andrei Maxim wrote:
      > Reading David West's Object Thinking I got the impression that a metaphor
      > should describe the system as accurately as possible, yet bridge the
      > technical lingo with the business environment.
      >
      > The whole point was to use common words that might be easily understood and
      > shouldn't need any definition.

      I think the primary purpose of the metaphor is to provide a conceptual
      basis for the way the system is constructed.

      - George

      When I remember bygone days George Dinwiddie
      I think how evening follows morn; iDIA Computing, LLC
      So many I loved were not yet dead, gdinwiddie@...
      So many I love were not yet born. http://www.idiacomputing.com
      'The Middle' by Ogden Nash http://www.agilemaryland.org