Re: [XP] My boss wants advice.

  • Dave Rooney
    Message 1 of 63 , Feb 2, 2006
      Jim Hughes wrote:

      [snip]
      > Our customers will demand refunds.

      Forgive me if I missed it in another message, but how many customers do
      you have for this product? Is it 1, 10, 100, 1000, or more?

      Are there certain customers with whom your company has a particularly
      close relationship? If so, why not make them, well, the Customer? They
      would be part of the process, rather than just a recipient of it.

      If I were given the choice of helping to drive the development a product
      that I'm buying, thus ensuring that it's quality is high and it does for
      the most part what I want, I'd jump at the chance. That's certainly
      better than being promised the world by Ed's boss, only to find out at
      the last moment that the product will either be later than promised or
      will be a piece of crap.

      Dave Rooney
      Mayford Technologies
      http://www.mayford.ca