Re: [XP] OT: ACM vs IEEE

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      On Wednesday, February 1, 2006, at 10:26:21 AM, Chris Wheeler wrote:

      > It's time for me to renew my ACM membership, but I also got an IEEE
      > application in my mail. Has anyone subscribed to both, and if so (or if
      > you've sub'd to one or the other), would you mind commenting on what you
      > like/dislike about the org(s) you belong to? I've been generally happy with
      > ACM, and want to see if I am missing anything without IEEE.

      I belong to both. The ACM Sigs have been interesting to me from time
      to time, but right now I'm not subscribing to any. IEEE Software
      magazine is, in my opinion, generally better than Communications of
      the ACM.

      What is your dream? And knowing this, what have you
      done to work towards realizing it today? -- Les Brown