RE: [XP] Re: Pair Programming as an interview...

  • Robert Hanson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      Geofffey Slinker wrote:

      Let's consider one of my favorite breeds the Australian
      Shepherd. You want a dog to win best in breed and in agility trials.
      You have a choice of a dog that does not meet the breed standard and
      is completely trained in the agility course and a dog that is near
      ideal to the breed standard but has not been trained in the agility
      course. These are your only two choices. Which dog do you buy?
      <<<

      You go buy a golden retriever, because they learn quickly, can also do
      well in the obedience ring, and won't try to herd your chickens.

      Not sure if my suggestion has any relevance to XP though.

      Seriously, my father got a job because the airline he was hired by
      needed someone to train their staff, and it was clear to them that it
      was far easier to take someone who could teach, and train them in the
      specific procedures, than take someone familiar with the procedures and
      train them to teach.